Thursday, May 25, 2006

A pause

I'm at work now and blogging!! Ah this feels extremely illegal and unorthadoxed in terms of work...but I'm all alone and vaguely bored. Boo...don't get to watch X men with mindy and the rest tonight...sigh next time ah call my house phone, don't carry my cellphone everywhere you know...

Anyway I came across this extremely interesting article while skimming through the papers today during lunch. It was about the controversial topic of religion with certain references to the cult phenomena, The Da Vinci Code. Haven't read it and don't particularly intent to anywayz.

If you have Today go check it out...it's entitled Code for Muslims if I'm not wrong. I quote a small segment that really struck me:

"The point is that people's impressions of a religion are often related to the behaviour of its adherents. Some religions are thought of as simply kooky because it's followers behave strangely. Some are viewed as benign and peaceful because its followers resolutely will not harm a fly. But when people, supposedly in the name of religion, riot, burn and kill, it can't help but give the impression of a religion that advocates this, no matter how much we point out that nowhere in religious texts itself does it say you should do this."

Ha...food for thought so indeed one lives as he or she preaches lest you taint the name of the thing you attest to believe in. Really go read the article if you have the time!!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?