Saturday, September 24, 2005

music musing

Something beckons and calls and tugs
At my heart-strings
I see a bright light in front
Glimmer it does.
Hope.

Something makes me want to sing
I want to sing
So badly
But the seats are empty.
Secrecy.

Along I drift, arbitrary,
Adding a little flavour
Like a drop of honey
In your milk tea.
Yummy.

Bubbling inside me
Frothing floatation of fleeting ideas,
Nuances,
Sobbing strings, serenading.
Longings.

Enraptured by creation,
By creations’ creation
Beauty
Captured in my heart,in a little corner,
Forever.
****

I long to sing forever. I do, you know. Music. If ever i became deaf or lose my voice due to some disease...it would take tremendous courage to carry on my life. I admire people who cannot hear, how can they ever appreciate again the lovely sounds of music that mould and shape so many various nuances of people and the world? How can they ever hear laughter? Yet i have heard many who cannot see say tt they see no good, nor can they see evil. Hence those who cannot hear, hear no good, nor evil.

But i cannot imagine a world of silence. I think i might die. Melodramatic as usual:) Music inspires me to write, to live, to work, to create, to dance. Music gives me a heart. I can cry, smile or scream along to various types of music. Moods can be echoed by music. Music is my voice when i write and sing... I pray that i can have the privilege to have that wonderful gift of music as some of the great composers:)

In fact that simple, but heartfelt poem is written while listening to Kavin Hoo's piano playing in the background. :) Art is gg ok. The teachers are damn smart. They lied to us about the submission date! Can u believe it?? They colluded against us poor art students and told us that e submission date wuz on monday when it wuz actually one wednesday!! So yeah...we were relieved. Cunning sia.

Comments:



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?