Saturday, May 28, 2005

momento

I juz watched that show last night, momento. I must say, it left quite an impact on me. Couldn't stop thinking abt it. Joey, Tatt and i were still digressing on the possibility of what it could have been, considering tt the memory style of directing caused alot of things to be hazy.

It wuz ultra cool, everything occured backwards...and the focus was on memory. Which of course makes one think about it's significance in one's life. Can you imagine what it would be like if you couldn't make new memories? How tragic. You would be constantly forgetting new people that you meet and unable to remember any special events tt take place. So everytime you see somebody, you won't know whether or not you have met him or her before. Haiz, that was how it wuz for the protagonist of the show, he had to keep taking poloraid photos of people and places and write notes on them to keep track of his entire life!!

Then again, memories are questionable. You only remember what you want...sometimes what you remember may not even be a fact or an actual occurence but something you conjour up to live in. To live in the lie of the past, so you can have something to live for. Creating a little world of your own, dwelling on self inflicted lies because sometimes we only like to replay the good parts of our memories and omit the hurtful or embarassing ones.

Indeed, things change in memories, the colour of the car may not be red, but pink, blue, green but it's still a car...the details are all distorted. Sometimes I replay memories of you in my head. Like a slideshow to remind myself of those times. I see all of it and I wonder if I was accurate in remembering you at all. I realise when I think hard enough, I did omit certain things about you and magnify others. I realise that certain memories of you loses it's desired effect on me. I don't feel as happy when I recall these memories presently as compared to the past. I think I have exhausted such memories. But how can I create new ones of you when you are not around anymore.

But I am so thankful for memories, indeed they are life's momento of the past. I will always treasure them and continue to create them. Let's hope I will continue to make good memories that would last. may the rest of the year be a good one. Amen.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?