Friday, March 04, 2005

Take A Bow

Take a bow, the night is over
This masquerade is getting older
Light are low, the curtains down
There’s no one here
[there’s no one here, there’s no one in the crowd]
Say your lines but do you feel them
Do you mean what you say when there’s no one around [no one around]
Watching you, watching me, one lonely star
[one lonely star you don’t know who you are]

Chorus:

I’ve always been in love with you [always with you]
I guess you’ve always known it’s true [you know it’s true]
You took my love for granted, why oh why
The show is over, say good-bye

Say good-bye [bye bye], say good-bye

Make them laugh, it comes so easy
When you get to the part
Where you’re breaking my heart [breaking my heart]
Hide behind your smile, all the world loves a clown
[just make ’em smile the whole world loves a clown]
Wish you well, I cannot stay
You deserve an award for the role that you played [role that you played]
No more masquerade, you’re one lonely star
[one lonely star and you don’t know who you are]

(chorus, repeat)

Say good-bye [bye bye], say good-bye

All the world is a stage [world is a stage]
And everyone has their part [has their part]
But how was I to know which way the story’d go
How was I to know you’d break
[you’d break, you’d break, you’d break]
You’d break my heart

I’ve always been in love with you
[I’ve always been in love with you]
Guess you’ve always known
You took my love for granted, why oh why
The show is over, say good-bye

(chorus)

Say good-bye [bye bye], say good-bye
Say good-bye
*****
Today wuz a day filled with a maelstrom, whirlwind of emotions...juz torrents...surrounding and engulfing the whole school. Oh my...i wuz totally sucked into the tension of things. Apart from the release of Chinese As, there wuz also the moment of truth...The a-level results. I wonder what will be the feeling when I finally graduate and sit where the J3s are sitting now...I prob wld go quite mad, considering tt I wuz already nervous on their behalf. Indeed, the hall tt afternoon became a cistern of tension and excitement... the announcement of the top student triggered a frantic rush for the cameras to capture his special moment...(we were like, wow paparazzi manz). It wuz really something. Glad to see the happy faces, the grins embodying such satisfaction and joy...the hugs and the thanks given in gratitude. Not forgetting the crazy shrieks and screams tt further intensified the mood, and brought a smile on my face, i think i will do juz tt, if i do as well as i hope to:) Of course, there was the other side of the picture...i saw one in tears of disappointment, and tt brough much sorrow to my heart, for indeed i can understand tt sort of pain. I heard the discouraged voices of those who didn't achieve their expectations. *sigh* Expectations is a cruel yet great thing. I guess in everthing there is the good and bad. When you hope for too much and push oneself to achieve tt hope, the disappointment tends to be greater when one falls. Yet, without any expectation for oneself...then life wouldn't be very challenging. But, it really does feel terrible when you don't meet ur own expectations, no matter what others say...even if they feel it's not as bad as you think, you know it can't make you feel better cuz you have let yourself down.
Ok...so tt pretty much wraps up the remainings of last year. I sincerely hope and pray tt no matter what the results may show for...and even if one doesn't do as well as one could hope for, tt the Lord will show you the way and give you peace:)

Anywayz, I wuz on my way home listening to the lovely song above, Take A Bow:) It wuz the first pop song I heard when I wuz little...along with How Deep is Your Love...sigh brings back good memories. Haha, not tt i can remember much:) Yupz...i think i have mentioned this b4...i like sad songs...there wuz even this strange period of time when i liked feeling melancholic...ok drifting. Art's night went great. I had so much more fun this year than last year. Really, good stuff, so proud of cass and the rest of the art's council for putting it together. Wow, and peds you can actually Bhangra...im impressed! And ll, you have a lovely tenor voice:) Wouldn't mind 'dueting' with u again:)

Ah wellz...as the song connotes, The show is over, say goodbye....





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?